Friday, September 6, 2013

Another Nerd Rides the Bus

Welcome, fellow nerds!  (We know who we are.) My name is Rebecca, and I am the nerd running this show.  Right now, ComicCon is happening in Salt Lake City.  Sadly, I am unable to go, as I have to work.  However, I did meet some nice people on the bus who did get to go.  They have had a great time so far.

If you are on this page, you probably consider yourself a nerd.  Here is a list of some of the things I am a total nerd about:
Doctor Who
Lord of the Rings
Books
The Avengers
I am sure there are many more, and you will probably find out about them in future posts.

First on the list is Doctor Who.  I watched my first episode when I was around 8.  Everyone remembers their first doctor, and mine was Tom Baker.  When they started making the series again, I was ecstatic!  My favorite doctor is Ten, played by David Tennant.  Every Whovian girl's dream is to have a madman with a box show up and take her away to see the stars.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, you should check out the show.

I read The Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was in fourth grade.  I love the world the author created, and the adventures that the characters go on.  When they made the books into movies, I was surprised to find out how true they were to the books.  Right now, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of part II of The Hobbit.

Since I was very young, I have had a deep love for the written word.  Books open up new worlds, and I always have at least one series where I am anxiously awaiting the next book, and most of  the books I own are ones that I love to reread over and over again.  Right now, my favorite series is Skulduggery Pleasant, which is about a girl and a skeleton who go about solving mysteries and saving the world.

I had to buy the Avengers as soon as it came out.  I loved the movie, and all the movies that lead up to it.  The parts were perfectly cast, and I cannot wait to see the next one.

Now that you know a little about me, I would love to hear about what you are nerdy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment